Re: Re: limiting

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM, David McGlone <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:18:06 PM Jim Giner wrote:
>>
>> Sorry to be so blunt.
>
> It's fine I kinda figured I'd be either ignored, or yelled at when I asked and I
> now know that I need to be a professional to ask questions here so there went
> my confidence.
>
>  --
> David M.

David,

You really don't need to be a professional here to ask questions, but
you can imagine that we're not going to write code for you. Some
people expect professional support here (like they paid for it), and
that's clearly not the case. We are all volunteers with our (limited)
spare time. Therefore, you're expected to figure out most things out
yourself (reading PHP manual, google, etc), and only ask here if you
really can't figure things out. Then you can post what you have tried,
and what you think it should do. For example your previous post, you
could have just looked up what the 'echo' and 'return' statements do
in the PHP manual, and they are probably explained pretty OK in those
books you own too. You probably could have answered the questions you
posted here yourself, after reading PHP manual carefully.

- Matijn