-----Mensagem original-----
De: AmirBehzad Eslami [mailto:behzad.eslami@xxxxxxxxx]
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 24 de setembro de 2012 11:05
Para: PHP General Mailing List
Assunto:  Joining a team, where no wiki or docs are available

Hi,

i'm going to join a mid-size company with a few PHP-driven projects written in procedural PHP, million years old.

At the moment, they don't have a wiki or any documentation about their projects. For me, the first challenge in probation period is to understand how their code works.
*
Considering that there is no wiki or docs, How can I see the Big Picture?* i'm sure this is a common problem for programmers everywhere.

What approach do you use in a similar situation?
Is there a systematic approach for this?
Is there reverse-engineering technique to understand the design of code?

Please share your experience and thoughts.

-Thanks in advance,
Behzad