Re: Re: How to limit source IP in PHP

Il 18/09/2012 16:24, Daniel Brown ha scritto:
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Ian <php_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Curtis,

I am suffering from sleep deprivation due to a new family addition and I
fail to see how your code will prevent a malicious user from binding to
an IP that I do not want him to.  It appears to be an example of how to
bind to an IP, not how to prevent it.

Could you please explain?
     Congrats on the new little one, Ian, and if you don't already
know, you're in for a long ride of sleepless nights.  Get used to it.

     That aside, please start a new thread if you'd like to discuss
that in greater detail, as it will go off-topic from and out of scope
of the originally-posted question.  Others subscribed to the thread
may not want to be bothered with the discussion, while others who are
ignoring the thread (thinking it's a long, drawn-out,
beating-a-dead-horse discussion) may never see a valuable discussion
take place.

Please, continue in this thread.

I do not see too how your suggestion can avoid malicious coding.

Regards,

Tonino