Re: Preferred Syntax

On Dec 14, 2011, at 1:53 PM, <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

The key thing to remember here is that this is a preference and not a
performance thing.

Thank you... this is basically what I wanted to know. I was concerned that not breaking the VARS out separately from the echo'ed text might cause some sort of performance problem or confusion for PHP. Therefore, whenever I came across them, I was breaking them out with the . $var . technique. Will no longer do that for existing code, as it appears not necessary, but I do prefer it for readability sake... expecially in BBEdit. So will continue to write new code breaking it out. And I too prefer a single quote for PHP and a double for HTML... even though the sample I displayed showed otherwise.

Thanks to all who responded.

--Rick