Re: PHP exercises

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Larry Garfield <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi folks.  A friend of mine is trying to learn PHP.  She already knows
> programming basics, but wants to learn PHP specifically.  However, she
> learns much better with assignments or exercises than just from reading
> articles or books.
>
> The only site I've found so far is PHP Exercises (http://phpexercises.com/),
> but it of course went offline the day after I found it.  Fail!
>
> Can anyone recommend other sources for tutorial-based or exercise-based
> PHP learning?  Paid is OK if it's not too expensive and it's worth the
> money, although free is always preferred.

IMO, the best way is to learn something is by cloning. Convince your friend
to clone a simple website. If you exercise it, your target would be to pass
in the exercise. After you pass, you forget it. When it comes to real deal,
you never forget it.

--
Shiplu Mokadd.im
Follow me, http://twitter.com/shiplu