Pipe To A Program

I am looking at CPanel’s “E-Mail filtering” option “Pipe To A Program”
http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/FilterOptions

The goal I am working towards is saving the contents of an incoming e-mail address into a mySQL table.  I am thinking of trying to program a customer contact center application.

Does anyone know what variable the e-mail message is assigned within the context of “Pipe To A Program”?  Is there a way to find out?  I can’t figure this out.

What I have tried so far is below:

===
#!/usr/local/bin/php -q
<?php

foreach($_REQUEST as $key => $val) {
     $$key = $val;

$email_body .= "KEY: " . $key . "\r\n";
$email_body .= "VAL: " . $val . "\r\n";
$email_body .= "\r\n";

}

mail( user@domain , "Test Pipe To Program" , $email_body );
===

The mail command works, but the e-mail message body is empty.   I am at a loss of how to proceed.

Ron