Re: Exporting large data from mysql to html using php

Jason Pruim
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Oct 31, 2011, at 7:11 PM, Jim Lucas wrote:

> On 10/24/2011 5:50 PM, Jason Pruim wrote:
>> Now that I've managed to list 3 separate programming languages and somewhat tie it back into php here's the question...
>>
>> I have about 89 million records in mysql... the initial load of the page takes 2 to 3 minutes, I am using pagination, so I have LIMIT's on the SQL query's... But they just aren't going fast enough...
>>
>> What I would like to do, is pull the data out of MySQL and store it in the HTML files, and then update the HTML files once a day/week/month... I can figure most of it out... BUT... How do I automatically link to the individual pages?
>>
>> I have the site working when you pull it from MySQL... Just the load time sucks... Any suggestions on where I can pull some more info from? :)
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

>> Jason Pruim
>> lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

> Jason,
>
> How large a data set are you starting with?  How many records in all.
>
> Will you show us your DB schema?

Hey Jim,

I am working with 89 Million records right now... Going to be expanding to a much larger dataset as the site expands.

Here is the main table that I am using:

mysql> describe main;
+------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field      | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| areacode   | int(3)      | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| exchange   | int(3)      | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
| subscriber | char(4)     | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
| id         | int(11)     | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| state      | varchar(20) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| config     | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |

config is just going to contain varius settings for commenting on records, and future expansion. State will actually be the state spelled out.

Thanks for taking a looking!