create file after form completion

Dear all,

I am looking for information on how to have a file created after a
user has hit a submit on a registration form.

I want to use the variables typed in by the user to automatically
create a web page with those values.

In the registration form I have

$name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'];
$surname = $HTTP_POST_VARS['surname'];
$post = $HTTP_POST_VARS['post'];

and I would like to create an html document using those (and other) values:

  <head>
    <title>This is amazing Mr. $name</title>
  </head>

after the form has been completed.

I am a newbie to php and I have been trying to get that information
somewhere, but I was not successful.

A little help would be appreciated. In particular an example would be wonderful.

Thanks.