Re: Where Are Security Updates Announced?

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 08:02, Jon Watson <jon.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I subscribed to this list thinking that this is where I would get security
> update notices, but this appears to be more of a general list. I've looked
> at all the lists available on PHP.net and I don't see one specifically about
> security.

    Well, hence the "General" in PHP General.  So I guess we're doing
something right here.

> Can someone tell me which list I should sub to in order to ensure that I am
> advised of security updates?

    There is no public PHP security mailing list.  Instead, we post
things right in the open on the website itself, right on the homepage:

        http://php.net/

    There are third-party sites that send out security alerts for
software such as PHP, and you can likely find them easily enough via
Google.  Off the top of my head, none are coming to mind by name, but
I have subscribed to their mailings myself over the years, and found
them to be a pretty reliable resource --- some "underground" public
groups are particularly useful for zero-day vulnerabilities.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager