Re: PHP Version: 5.2.5.

On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 17:43 +0100, Joseph Adenuga wrote:

> Hello Ashley,
>
> Many thanks for your email. Yes, I'm calling the script from my
> Firefox browser. I've tried all I can to find other ways to open the
> file but, with no luck. Please I'm thanking you in anticipation.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Joseph
>
> --- On Mon, 17/10/11, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>         From: Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>         Subject: Re:  PHP Version: 5.2.5.
>         To: "Joseph Adenuga" <jadenuga2@xxxxxxxxx>,
>         php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         Date: Monday, 17 October, 2011, 8:02
>

>         Joseph Adenuga <jadenuga2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>         >
>         >
>         >Operating System: Window XP
>         >
>         >PHP Version: 5.2.5. with Apache 2.2.8
>         >
>         >My Firefox browser returns (Output) the same php script code
>         I inserted
>         >in Notepad:  <?php
>         >
>         >    echo "<h1>Hello
>         >Web!</h1>";
>         >
>         >?>
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >Please, what am I doing wrong?
>
>         How are you calling the script? If you're just trying to open
>         the file in a browser then it won't work, you need to call it
>         from a web server (apache or iis). Most usually this is from
>         the url localhost/script.php or 127.0.0.1/script.php
>
>         Let us know how you're calling it and we can help further.
>
>         Thanks,
>         Ash
>         http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
>         --
>         Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my
>         brevity.
>
>         --

Please reply to the list and not back to only me.

You say you're opening it with Firefox, but you haven't said how or
where from? Are you running it from a local web server via something
like localhost or 127.0.0.1, or are you trying to open it up by
selecting the file in your file manager and saying "open with firefox"?