Re: starting php by asking basic questions

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Govinda <govinda.webdnatalk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> i want to learn php and i do not know much and my english is also
>> limited.isthere anyone who can explain me php by most simple
>> example,like explainig to
>> a child,something like this:if you put "this" symbol or writing, in your php
>> script,when someone open this page,will see this message"long time not see"
>> .
>> at the moment ,i am scared of terms used by professionals.
>> thnks,for many this could a stupid but this is what i am facing.
>> thanks.

First of all, php is a programming language. If you are not familiar
with any sort of programming, don't despair, php is pretty easy to
use. However, I would strongly recommend getting some basic books on
programming and software development so you don't go off the rails
(npi).

For a quick start though, you could do a lot worse than the webmonkey
intro tutorial:
http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/php_tutorial_for_beginners/ that was
updated last year.

Also, lifehacker ran a series of articles on beginning programming
which you may find helpful:
http://lifehacker.com/5401954/programmer-101-teach-yourself-how-to-code

This mailing list is not set up to teach people how to program in php.
It is pretty much expected that you already know the basics and then
we are here when you've exhausted your manuals, books, web sites, etc.