Re: Processing newlines in a text area field

On 11-10-13 10:49 PM, Stephen wrote:
I have a web page with a form with a text area. I enter:

foo

bar

PHP processes the POST and inserts the record into MySQL.

The database field is text.

I use PDO

For testing I have removed any processing of the text area content.

Now, no matter how many blank rows I have between foo and bar, in the database record, I always get a single newline character.

Found the problem. I was not passing the record key properly to the SQL UPDATE transaction.

So I had WHERE id = ""

Valid SQL so no error. But no record update :(

Thanks all
Stephen