Re: Stuck on undefined function mysql_connect()

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 14:33, Nick Khamis <symack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was just going to try recompilign with mysql instead of mysqli... I hope
> this fixes it.
> In terms of mysql being compiled into the core, does this mean I do not have
> to add
>
> extension=mysqli.so
> extension_dir=/usr/local/php/include/php/ext/

    (Please don't top-post, and be sure to click "reply-all" so that
the discussion remains on the list for the benefit of others as well.)

    Correct.  Extensions, such as those found in the PECL repository,
are added in that manner.  Things compiled into the core, such as what
you're doing with MySQLi, are automatically loaded regardless, because
they're statically-built into the PHP binary itself.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager