Building PHP on Windows 7 using Visual Studio 10

I am trying to build PHP from source code on Windows 7 using Visual Studio 10.  I have tried to follow the procedure at

https://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/stepbystepbuild

I did not get very far and suspect that this procedure may need to be updated for people in my situation.  In particular, steps 6, 7, and 12 and beyond just don't work on my system.

Does anyone out there have an updated procedure that I could follow?

Also, is step #12 implying that I can build PHP without adding any other libraries to the "deps" folder?