Re: Re: Oi , Portas/ Hello, Ports

Jim Giner <jim.giner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>""QI.VOLMAR QI"" <qi.volmar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Alguem sabe se, e como eu posso trabalhar com as portas do computador
>com
>> php no windows?
>>
>> Do someone know if, and how, I could work with Computer logical ports
>with
>> PHP on Windows?
>>
>> ex: shell_exec('cat /dev/usbmon0 | hexdump'); <- Linux
>>

>If you mean "use php to interrogate a port" I would think the answer is
>No.
>Computer port=client; PHP=server.
>

>--

You can if the port is a server port, i.e. you're creating a daemon. But, if it is the client machine you wish to inspect, then as Jim mentioned, PHP is not for you and something like java may be better suited, although I'm not sure how much power an applet has in this area.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk