Re: book quest

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 19:13, Andy McKenzie <amckenzie4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with Bastien -- I've had great luck with the PHP books.
> "Beginning PHP4" has a permanent place on my shelf, even though PHP4
> is outdated.  "Beginning PHP5.3" hasn't quite supplanted it as a
> concept book, but is my go-to for "here's a way to solve this
> particular problem using a new version of PHP" book.

    I'm still waiting for the day when folks on this list get together
and say, "let's put all of our notes together, as beginners and
intermediates, and put together a book for the newcomers, from the
newcomers, by the newcomers, who can relate to them without the taint
of overexperience."

    If properly presented, it would not only be easy to shop to
publishers, but it could also be one of the first truly collaborative
publications to exist on biological remnants.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager