Re: 'Mobile' PHP

Bastien wrote:
Depending in what has to be done, could you use HTML5 with local storage and sync back up later?
The whole database is small enough to fit in 100Mb but needs Firebird to access it via PHP.

AFAIK android runs java programs using a custom JVM.  So any app on those devices will need to run in java. Not sure that you couldn't port the php engine to that, and it would be an interesting task.
That is the bit I'm wanting to do I think, I have no plans to rewrite 5 years worth of PHP into Java ;) It all runs quite happily on a laptop and syncs back when internet is available again, so I may simply have to put a decent Linux distribution on the tablet ... and then there isn't a problem ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL