Re: What determines your use of the type of DB framework/abstract?

Sorry, not sure if the first part of the conversation made it to the list.

I will be looking in to Symfony. I'm well versed with ZF and Zend_Db.
I'm also somewhat versed with Doctrine and integrating it with ZF. My
question isn't whether Doctrine is a part *of* that framework but
rather on *what* and *when* it is appropriate to *use* or *substitute*
something like Doctrine instead of using straight pdo or mysqli or the
abstract that came with that particular framework. Substituting
Doctrine or some other abstract could complicate a project rather than
help.

Jamie