Re: PHP installations, usage, and popularity

On 2011-09-20, at 12:05 AM, Tommy Pham <tommyhp2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ASP? Not ASP.NET? Wow... I haven't any new sites deployed in ASP in almost
> 10 years.  IIRC, ASP is nothing more but bunch of spaghetti codes and no
> OOP.  That's why attendance/registration is so low.  Only main web (server
> side) development languages are ASP.NET (C#), Java, and PHP (listed as
> alphabetical order - not based on demand/popularity).  You'd probably say
> Perl and/or Python too.  IMO, best way to convince the administration is job
> search for "ASP under IT category" and show them the results vs search for
> PHP ;)  No need for long explanations and comparisons since the point of
> having students certified is that they could get a job quickly.
>
> Best wishes,
> Tommy

Ha, tommy,

My workplace app is classic asp and it sucks! I'll let you decide which sucks ;-).

It's over 1300 files, and spaghetti isn't the word. It's failure points are so many that the pen test tools used created reports of 3000 pages.

I have been pushing to move to php for years but the geniuses at the top told me that php was a 'hobbiest language'. Note this same person told me that we were moving to c# because it had the most examples on the msdn network pages. ( yes, I know it's an account setting in the msdn network :-) )

Bastien