Re: While on the topic of PHP Web Site Stats - SharePoint...

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 18:22, George Langley <george.langley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>        Hi all. Had a meeting today where I was rather condescendingly told that most CMS web sites use SharePoint.

    Well, you may reply, equally condescendingly, that you will need
that to have cited references, as it's simply incorrect.  According to
the latest survey conducted by w3techs.com[1], though SharePoint is
used on sites with some of the highest traffic on the Internet, its
saturation point is just 0.3%.

    According to the survey, the five CMS platforms ahead of it in
popularity, in order, are (and quite expectedly): WordPress, Joomla!,
Drupal, vBulletin, and Blogger.  And of those five, one is a service
(blogger.com), and the rest are all open-source CMS systems ---
written in PHP.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager