Re: What would you like to see in most in a text editor?

On 09/13/2011 04:35 PM, Robert Cummings wrote:
On 11-09-13 03:56 PM, Brad Huskins wrote:
Hello all you php coders out there,

I'm doing an Open Source text editor (just a hobby) that's designed for
PHP developers and is accessible through the web. This has been stewing
for a while, and has gotten to the point where I can use it for my own
work. I would like any feedback on things that people really
like/dislike about their current editors, as I believe some of these
things could be resolved in mine.

I currently have username/password protection (with Salted-Hash
passwords), a file-system browser, file loading/saving, and syntax
highlighting -- and these things seem to work reasonably well. As well,
most things about the editor are scriptable with JavaScript. This would
seem to imply that in a few weeks I would have something useful. So I
would like to get some feedback on what features people would most want,
since I am still at a very flexible stage in development.

If you would like to see what I have, you can go to
un1tware.wordpress.com. You can also peruse the code at
github.com/bhus/scriptr. In particular, the README on github gives a
little bit better rationality for why something like this might be
useful, and how things are currently structured.

I'm a big fan of editors that work in the terminal.

Cheers,
Rob.

Thanks for the input.