RE: Re: pathinfo function

This is how you tell the difference between a basename with a null
extension ("/path/filename.") and no extension ("/path/filename").
In the former case you get $info["extension"]=>"", in the latter
there is no ["extension"] element in the returned array.

This does seem like the most logical way to make this distinction,
but the manual could use a bit of work to document this and other
edge cases more explicitly.

Cheers!

Mike

--
Mike Ford,
Electronic Information Developer, Libraries and Learning Innovation,