Re: How to install pecl_http into a web hosting service

On 25 July 2011 17:26, Jamie Krasnoo <jkrasnoo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You should be using cURL for making requests.
>
> No, you won't be able to install any pecl packages on your host. It's
> a free account and I doubt they will be bending over backwards for you
> anytime soon. If you want custom hosting, pay for a VPS account or a
> dedicated server.
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:52 PM, gato chalar <dany171@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I need to perform http requests (GET,POST) , I have readed about pecl_http
>> package, so it seem to be what I need. Reading further I sow some ways to
>> install this package to a server where you have all rights and privilegies,
>> and that's the problem; I don't know if I will be able to install pecl_http
>> in a php hosting service. Currently I have a free php hosting account. Is
>> that posible?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.

Depending upon your complexity, you could possible use the builtin
streams mechanisms.

I've used them to force all PHP requests through a NTLM authentication
proxy server (network required NTLM authentication which was not
handled by PHP).

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/book.stream.php

--
Richard Quadling