Re: Your language sucks because...

On 11-07-15 04:21 PM, Daniel Brown wrote:
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 16:04, Ashley Sheridan<ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I'm still not getting it, and the only dictionary I have about is some
tiny pocket one I've had since I was 9!

     The word was 'tmesis', which is a linguistic phenomenon in which
words or phrases have other words or phrases thrown into the mix.  The
hint to which I believe George referred was Richard's
"abso-bloody-lutely" statement, which is a perfect example of tmesis.

Damn... here I thought the hint was-- it begins with "tme". If only I had caught that abso-bloody-lutely embodied the principle, then I could have back-frickin-tracked from the principle, to the meaning, to the word itself. That would have been so much more efficient... NOT!

:)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.