Re: problem with session_write_close

I'm having a problem with a brand new installation of pmwiki. I've not encountered this before so I'm unsure why this is happening. The following two warnings are presented at the top of each page:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/ var/lib/php/session/sess_sh3dvs4pgiuq04vmj1tfmkqvj1, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in/var/www/vhosts/mouseha.us/httpdocs/ pmwiki-2.2.27/pmwiki.php on line 2012

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) in/var/www/ vhosts/mouseha.us/httpdocs/pmwiki-2.2.27/pmwiki.php on line 2012

There are plenty of other session files in that directory with the owner/group apache:apache. I don't know why it can't deal with this.

(Cross-posted between pmwiki-users and php-general.)

Update: I found out what was happening -- nothing to do with php in general. My lovely server management software (Plesk) has started adding a new line to it's vhost http include file:

	SuexecUserGroup         mouse psacln

which means apache is running under the local user/group for permissions. The file in question above was left over from a previous incarnation of the site (I blew it away and recreated it to start fresh - hah!) so the session file was left over from the previous session (not at all clear why it didn't get a new one) and had the wrong permissions set. Resetting the permissions solved the problem.