Re: Your language sucks because...

On 2011-07-14, at 4:36 AM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> That's a massive pet hate of mine, along with using here/hear in the wrong way and those who have no idea of the difference between "there", "their" & "they're". Makes me want to beat them upside the head with a dictionary :)
	Mine are it's and its (Remember: it's its!), people who say "people that" (It should be "People WHO!") and the complete lack of regard to plural versus singular verbs ("There's lots?" "No, there ARE lots of examples of that out there!").
	As far as the original list:

http://wiki.theory.org/YourLanguageSucks#PHP_sucks_because:

it's just a tongue-in-cheek way to point out inconsistencies in the various languages. However, is kind of out-dated, referring to PHP 4 and CSS 2, so am wondering how many of the entries have been rectified? (For instance, CSS 3 does have multiple background images.) As well, I suspect that some of them may actually make sense if analyzed as to why they are that way, instead of how the author has grouped them.

George Langley
Multimedia Developer