Re: PHP as CGI-CLI on FreeBSD/Apache22

On 06/27/2011 10:13 PM, Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Up to this point we have been running PHP as an Apache 22 module.
>
> We would like to rebuild PHP over the next few weeks to run it as a CGI/CLI PHPSuexec system.
>
> I am hoping there may be others that have made this migration and might have a step by step how to (so far research shows it should be reasonably simple to do), and would be willing to share it.
>
> Right now we have
>
> FreeBSD 8.0
> Apache22 built from ports, with apache suexec enabled,
> PHP5 Built from ports,
>
> Any hints are appreciated,
>
> -G

PHP in CGI sucks at performance, you should give a thought to fastcgi +
php + suexec as in here: http://forum.linode.com/viewtopic.php?t=2982
Though its written for ubuntu, you can derive some tricks from there.
I don't know if php-fpm + suexec is possible. php-fpm is best for fastcgi.

--
Regards,
Nilesh Govindarajan