Re: Submit Using An Image Form Processing

tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>At 6:34 PM -0500 6/18/11, Shawn McKenzie wrote:
>>
>>Get method is for retrieval only.  It is not for anything that has a
>>consequence (insert, update, delete, send email, etc.).  Use only post
>>for those.
>>
>>--
>>Thanks!
>>-Shawn
>

>Why?
>
>Cheers,
>
>tedd
>
>--
>-------
>http://sperling.com/
>
>--

That's just the http spec. It's because browsers and servers know how to correctly handle the different types of connections.

Some browsers make multiple connections for get, which is one of the main reasons for people having problems with multiple hits on a page being registered when only one was expected.

Ashley Sheridan
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk