Re: date.timezone set and still getting strict warnings.

On Jun 13, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Daniel Brown wrote:

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 16:25, Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have date.timezone set, as shown in the phpinfo() output:

portfolio:Downloads tamara$ php -r 'phpinfo();' | grep 'timezone'
Default timezone => America/Chicago
date.timezone => 'America/Chicago' => 'America/Chicago'

   That's the CLI version of PHP....

Yet, when I call a function like strtotime(), i still get the Strict warning about not having date.timezone set. (Yes, I have restarted the server, twice, and the correct value shows up if I invoke phpinfo() via the server.)

   .... and you're referencing the web version here.

Any clues?

   Check the web version of PHP's phpinfo() output and see if it and
the CLI are using the same php.ini file.  My guess is that they're
not, and - while the CLI one is set with the timezone - its web
counterpart is missing the flag.

Ok, first off, are you telling me the CLI and the Web versions reference different php.ini files? I thought they both used /etc/ php.ini...

Secondly, I *did* check the output of phpinfo() from the web with the exact same results.

Now, the problem is...

       I surrounded the date.timezone setting with single quotes.

So, removing the quotes got me what I needed.