Re: Re: Fuzzy Array Search

If you don't need the location, you can implode the array and use preg
match, quickly testing it, that gives you about 4.5 times performance
increase, but it wont give you the location, only if a certain value exists
within the array... You can kind of do some really clever math to get your
search parameters from there, which would be feasible on really large data
sets, but if you want location, you will have to iterate at some point...

(sorry i keep on hitting reply instead of reply to all)

--
The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is
doing until it’s too late.  ~Seymour Cray