Re: Re: phpsadness - P.C. shmee seee.

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, Richard Riley wrote:

I don't.  I just don't want them to lock out my browser just because they don't
support it.  Many pages which don't work optimally under Lynx can still be read,
which is all I'm wanting to do anyway.

They need to or there can be unintentional side affects that will
reflect badly on them and possibly you.

Rubbish. All they need to do is what everyone else does and say "This site may not work well on your browser, we recommend using Internet Explorer or firefox" (or whatever they support). Then if I choose to use it, it's on my own head, which is fine by me.

If you really want a half arsed user experience then set your browser
string ;) Would that not work for you?

It probably would. But this tangent began with the principle of "Use IE or Firefox" and how we hated sites that said that. It's the principle of the thing.

Geoff.