Re: trouble using "is_file()"

You're probably seeing references to the move_uploaded_file PHP function which is used when processing an HTTP POST file upload. However, the fact that a simple query like that didn't give you anything related should tell you how often FTP upload is integrated into a website. Modify your search terms a bit and you'll get a whole bunch of java applets and flash components that can do FTP upload, but getting them cleanly integrated into a web interface is usually more effort than it's worth.

Don't take my word for it... Flickr uses HTTP. Facebook uses HTTP. They both use it for video too! Hell, even YouTube uses HTTP! Every other site I've ever come across to which you can upload photos and videos used HTTP. They usually do it via flash or java with nice looking progress indicators, but it's still HTTP. The only time I've seen FTP as an option was on a photo archiving site which was expecting you to upload a very large number of RAW files at a time - we're talking hundreds of megs.

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas
3ft9 Ltd