Re: email w/attachments

On 18 April 2011 04:38, Bastien <phpster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2011-04-17, at 10:26 PM, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi gang:
>>
>> Anyone have an email script that allows attachments they would share?
>>
>> I've been trying to figure this out and everything I've tried has failed. I've looked at over a dozen scripts that don't work. I'm about to pull out what hair I have left.
>>
>> Cheers (I think),
>>
>> tedd
>>
>> --
>> -------
>> http://sperling.com/
>>
>> --
>>

> I use phpmailer for that. Great class and easy to do
>
> Bastien Koert

When I started out, I used the HtmlMimeMail class from Richard Heyes
at phpguru.org. It is now called RMail.

I found this very easy to use.

Extending the main class to include logging of mail is very easy (this
year, I've sent 33,500 emails using it).

I send email with a plain text part as well as a HTML part. With
embedded images and PDF attachments.

The recipients use a combination of Outlook (2003 and later),
GoogleMail and YahooMail.

All of the clients so far can read the messages sent and get the attachments.

If you intend to send HTML mail, you will have to go back to using
tables with inline CSS if you want to be halfway readable on Outlook
2007+. Outlook 2003 was very good with HTML mail. Outlook 2007+, not
so good. But that is fine for me, as the data was all tables. But for
those sending out pretty mails, I believe it is a harder job that
expected.

Richard.

--
Richard Quadling