Re: Silly question

On 11 April 2011 13:23, Stuart Dallas <stuart@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday, 11 April 2011 at 13:17, Curtis Maurand wrote:
> Stuart Dallas wrote:
>> > On Monday, 11 April 2011 at 02:12, Curtis Maurand wrote:
>> > nevermind. There is a function: fgetcsv();
>> >
>> > Ewww!
>>
>> Say what you want, it works. Your solution is way more elegant. regex's are not my strong suit. I have to have the regex pocket reference to understand that regex that's in there. However, the fgetcsv breaks it up into a few chunks and I have to break up the first chunk, but that's space delimited, so its not so bad. I'll probably use yours. Thanks for the class.
>
> I'm not a great regex guru either, I googled that - it's not my class.
>
> You can use a hammer to knock in a screw, but when screwdrivers are ubiquitously lying around all over the internet, why would you?!
>
> -Stuart
>
> --
> Stuart Dallas
> 3ft9 Ltd
> http://3ft9.com/
>

>> > http://blog.ericlamb.net/2010/01/parse-apache-log-files-with-php/
>> >
>> > -Stuart
>> >
>> > --
>> > Stuart Dallas
>> > 3ft9 Ltd
>> > http://3ft9.com/

> --

Certain data sequences (especially like the Apache log file), are well
documented and as such, due to their regular format, are sometimes
easier to read using a regex than by manually pulling apart using
string functions.

I use an app called RegexBuddy (it's a windows app) which is really
useful for describing a regex string in human readable format.

I can recommend http://www.regular-expressions.info,
http://www.regexbuddy.com and
http://www.regular-expressions.info/cookbook.html

I am not affiliated with any of these sites/books, just a happy customer.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend