Re: the best 1 book for php

Kirk Bailey wrote:
If I only had 1 book on php, what would it be?

I have to disagree with the php.net 'docs' being the best "book".

Though most of us will have a php.net tab open in your browser every time we write code, it's not the same learning that comes with a good book IMO. Reading a book can give a more robust understanding to a language, perhaps especially when starting out. You get to listen in on the author's perceptions of tools, theories of practice, etc.. which can help with concepts, reasoning, and understanding etc..

Perhaps you start to get a similar type of learning with a good talk list combined with php.net however... perhaps with a bit of spam. ;-)

Anyway, someone mentioned Larry Ullman's books and I'd have to second that suggestion.

Donovan

--
D Brooke