Re: the best 1 book for php

On 7 April 2011 05:15, Kirk Bailey <kbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I only had 1 book on php, what would it be?

I wouldn't. Not a book JUST on PHP.

The book which I'm actually enjoying the most is "Code Complete" by
Steve McConnell. It is subtitled "A Practical Handbook of Software
Construction".

I am a self taught developer. As such, I missed out on a lot of the
"best practise" methodologies that have been proven to assist in
helping a developer play well with others.

The book covers no particular language, but gives you an understanding
on how to write software.

A second edition is now available - http://www.cc2e.com /
http://onlinepriceguide.co.uk/v2/book_comparison.php?code=0735619670&title=Code+Complete&author=Steven+C+McConnell
(for a UK price comparison list).