Re: File Upload Problem

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 13:10, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi gang:
>
> I wrote a simple script to upload image files from my desktop to a server --
> the exact same code works on two servers, but fails on a third.
>
> I suspect there is something set different between the servers, but I can't
> find it.
>
> Oddly enough, I can upload image files directly to the database, but not to
> the file system.
>
> What could be wrong? What should I be looking for?

    Are file uploads enabled and is the size of the file less than the
upload size limitation?  Is the disk or partition to which the
temporary files are being uploaded out of space, whereas the database
- perhaps on a different physical disk or partition - still has
sufficient free space?  Are you sure the user as which the web server
(presumably Apache) runs has permission to write to the temporary and
target directory?  Is the account near or at its disk quota?

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager