Re: XML... Useful or another layer of complexity?

On 03/04/11 19:41, Jason Pruim wrote:
So the subject says it all... And yes I know this isn't related to PHP but it's the weekend and I trust the opinions on this list more then any other list I have seen. I've been doing alot of reading on XML and honestly it looks pretty cool... BUT the question is... Is it truly useful or is it just another layer that we have to write?

 From what I can tell it looks like it could stabilize some of my programming in regards to databases, and possibly if I have to move information from one application to another.

But is it worth the added coding or should I just interact with the pieces directly?

Thoughts? Questions? Flames? :)

Yes :)

--
Peter Ford, Developer                 phone: 01580 893333 fax: 01580 893399
Justcroft International Ltd.                              www.justcroft.com