Re: Closing Session

On 31 March 2011 23:16, Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>> Â Â Â Â127.0.0.1 localhost development subdomain.development
>>>
>>> Â ÂDon't worry about it being an FQDN. ÂPrior to checking with the
>>> router or DNS servers, all modern systems check the hosts file. ÂThen
>>> just add a reference to each in your Apache configuration file and
>>> restart Apache. ÂBoom. ÂDone.
>>>
>>> --
>>> </Daniel P. Brown>
>>> Network Infrastructure Manager
>>> http://www.php.net/
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> =========
>
> Dan -
>
> I'm a newbie...
>
> 1] What should the line in the Apache configuration file be? Just to be
> sure, the file is: /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, correct?

I don't use Apache, so hopefully someone else can answer this.

> 2] Back to the original question....how do I kill a session from the
> terminal?

You can't.

But if you can find the session ID, you could manually delete the
session file - if you are using files for your sessions.

If you are using a DB, then you'd have to write a script to kill it.

Another option would be to create a killsession.php script ...

<?php
session_start();
session_destroy();
session_close();