Re: Permission Denied - Help Requested

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> At 01:32 AM 3/28/2011, Hans Ã…hlin wrote:
>
>> Do you have SELinux installed?
>>
>> 2011/3/28 Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Dear List -
>> >
>> > Thanks for all your help in the past. Â Here is another one...
>> >
>> > I am getting a Permission Denied" message when I try to run a PHP
>> script. Â I
>> > just changed the mode on the directory and the files to 777. Â This
>> problem
>> > arose when I changed the permissions. Â I thought I was solving a
>> problem,
>> > because I could not open a file for writing. Â I was not receiving error
>> > messages, but no file was created.
>> >
>> > Help and advice, please.
>> >
>> > Ethan Rosenberg

>> Â Hans Ã…hlin
>> Â Â  Tel: +46761488019
>> Â Â  icq: 275232967
>> Â Â  http://www.kronan-net.com/
>> Â Â  irc://irc.freenode.net:6667 - TheCoin
>>

> Hans -
>
> Sorry, I did not include my signature, which includes all the requested
> information.
>
> Here it is....
>
> Ethan
> ==========
> MySQL 5.1  PHP 5.3.3-6  Linux [Debian (sid)]
>

> The problem persists.  I cannot write to a file from PHP.
>
> Any more suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Are you using suPHP or suExec? I believe the server chokes on 777
permissions in those cases.

Have you checked the permissions in the command line (sorry for the basic
question, but just making sure I know what you've already done?)

Also, can we see some of the code you're using to handle the file
processing?

Thanks,

Adam

--
Nephtali:  A simple, flexible, fast, and security-focused PHP framework
http://nephtaliproject.com