Re: Slow sessions.

I decided to try changing the session.save_path, and I've had some interesting results.

First I changed it to a local directory. Originally it was on a mounted directory on our main file server. When I switched to a local directory, everything started working fast again on the php 5.2.17 server.

So then I tried switching it to a different server mount. I set the session.save_path to a directory mounted on our backup file server. Once again, everything ran super fast.

So then I tried switching it to a different mount on the main file server again. And it was back to taking at least 30 seconds to load.

So, here's where I'm at:

4 other php 5.1.6 servers are using \\server1\mnt\phpsess as their session.save_path and are working just fine.

My new installation of php 5.2.17 takes 30 seconds to start a session when mounting \\server1\mnt\phpsess. It also takes 30 seconds to start a session when mounting \\server1\mnt\testSess (a newly created dir).

The php 5.2.17 server loads a session instantly when mounting \\server2\mnt\phpsess.

I suppose I could just change the other four servers to use server2, and I might end up doing that, but it'd be like claiming defeat. I'd really like to figure out why this is happening. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

  -- Rob