Re: designing a post fix

You probably don't need a mail server for an internal messaging system, except to handle sending notifications of new messages if that's in your requirements.

By the looks of your tables you do seem to be building an MTA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_transfer_agent). If that's what you want to do then you need to understand that it's not a simple thing to do well.

If you want a mail server like gmail or ymail, why not use Google Apps. You can use your own domain name and benefit from the interface and infrastructure Google have in place for gmail: http://www.google.com/a

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas
3ft9 Ltd