Re: How to write code: how wrong am I?

On Feb 22, 2011, at 5:29 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

I wrote a short page on how to actually type of code that one writes,
it can be found here:
http://dotancohen.com/howto/write_code.html

The point that I stress on the page is that first you close an
element, then you fill it's contents. The page has examples in HTML
and PHP. I would like to know what the experienced programmers here
think about this. Am I going about it wrong?

Thanks!

I don't think this is a bad idea at all, in general. This is pretty much what TextMate does when you use snippet insertion. For editors that don't have this particular feature, I'll still generally put in the structure of what i'm doing before filling in all the details.