Re: New to list and to PHP

On 2/20/2011 6:41 PM, Richard Quadling wrote:
On 20 February 2011 23:34, Richard Quadling<rquadling@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 18 February 2011 19:03, Pete Woodhead<pete.woodheadvb@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi I'm Pete Woodhead. Â I'm new to the list and to PHP. Â To be honest I very
new to code writing.
Thought this would be a good way to learn good habits as well as good code
writing.
Looking forward to learning and participating.

Assume that all the data you get from the user is out to get you. It
probably isn't. Most of the time. But when it does, it'll be your
fault. Unless you've left the company by then.

Also, poka-yoke is a great concept to learn about (thanks to a great
article in php|Architect all the way back when).

Richard.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend

http://www.phparch.com/magazine/2006-2/february/ in case anyone was wondering.

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the welcome, the advice and the link.
I was not aware of PHP | Architect.
Truth be told I'm still at the PHP for Dummies level.

Regards,
Pete