Re: Submitting data to MySQL database using HTML/PHP form

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 12:55, Daniel Brown <danbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 12:53, Daniel Brown <danbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>    If the value isn't that of your database password, there's your
>> problem: register_globals.  A simpler way is to check the output of
>> phpinfo(); to see if register_globals is enabled, but either method
>> will work.
>
>    Actually, disregard my answer: I misread your original email about
> where each line of code was placed.  My answer is not correct in this
> case.

    Does your login.php file actually use the following closing tag: >?

    If so, that's backwards, which will cause a parse error on
login.php.  Closing tags should be ?>, but if it's the last line in a
file, you can safely (and perhaps should) omit them.

    Also, some other pointers:

        * ALWAYS sanitize user input.  At the very least, look into
mysql_real_escape_string().
        * Don't use the same variable name for multiple things unless
you need to do so.  It makes debugging more difficult in complex
scripts.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager