PHP -- using without installing

Hi!

I've been developing this stand alone application, found the webserver
that I am going to use (it is written in php) and all is good... on
windows.

I can get the php.exe and php-cgi.exe running no issue on windows
without "installing" them... even tested on 3 machines (developed on
Vista, sent to my friend on W7, and my GF on XP Home) and they all work
fine... now I was trying to port it over to linux, and I can't find
anything that I can use :(

Is there such a thing?  or will I have to have a pre-req of "php and
php-cgi must be installed on linux" disclaimer?

Any help, or pointers to where my google-fu has failed me would be
appreciated :)

TIA!

Steve