Re: email address syntax checker

Govinda wrote:
[snip]
Hi D   :-)

I was following along.. also felt pleased to be introduced to filter_var ... and then happened to see this:

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.filter-var.php
[snip]
"Note that FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL used in isolation is not enough for most (if not all) web based registration forms.

Good to know G... (and yea, I read something similar).. but only administrators can add registrants in the system I'm building.. and even then, email is not required, so I'm not worried about it on this job, but I'll keep all the posts for this thread in mind for down the road.

Trying to finish a PHP book while watching the Packers is not working
for me too well. ;-)

Thanks,
Donovan

--