Re: Re: email address syntax checker

Gary wrote:
[snip]
In fact I'm wondering why the OP doesn't just do what every other site
seems to do - accept the registering user's input as valid, and ask them
to validate it by sending them an email address to that address.
Assuming an email address is even really required for operation of the
users' accounts.

Email is not required for operation.

Now, my forum on the other hand, written in another language, does validate in the way you suggest.

Donovan

--
D Brooke