Distributed File Purchase Encryption (DFPE)

I was thinking in something , is not quite php related, but I was thinking
of an app that would encrypt a file (that file could be anything) and the
author would create an encryption key giving an amount of money to be
collected. It would become public and anyone could give as much money as
wanted. when the needed amount was reached the file would be public to
anyone (decrypted). does it make sense?

I am calling it "Distributed File Purchase Encryption" (DFPE)

~birdzoom