Re: Newbie Question

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 3:05 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I spent a couple of hours reviewing PHPStorm and it looks *very* promising!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on PHPStorm. My main performance gripe
with NetBeans has lessened in the year I've been using it, so I'm less
inclined to go up yet another learning curve, but it's always helpful to get
input on the competitors. Please let us know if you end up using it in your
class as I'm sure others will enjoy reading your findings.

I spent about 10 minutes looking over the feature set of Komodo which was
recommended by Steve Staples in this thread, and it also looks quite
impressive. it's more expensive for the IDE (the stand-alone editor is free)
which does remote file-syncing ($295), but you might be able to swing an
educational discount with them. Most companies will gladly give their
product away to put it in the hands of soon-to-be-professionals. :)

Good luck!

David